My name is Melissa Burkheimer, and I’m the host of The Design Business Show. Early in my design career, I experienced a lack of confidence in my skills and had a ton of questions about the design industry. I didn’t know any experienced designers who could mentor me or what opportunities were available to me, and realized that the design industry really lacked a voice.
So, I started a podcast to interview industry experts and get the nitty gritty details about their story, their offers, the design projects, and inspire others.
This is how we do it:
- Produce modern day conversations that give creators a voice through guest interviews and project features
- Inspire creators around the world to share their ideas, tell their stories and show off their designs
- Unpack the nitty gritty details that happen behind-the-scenes of your favorite ad campaigns to give others the design strategy and inspiration they need to grow their brand
- Bridge the gap between the marketing, design, branding, user experience, and copywriting process during launches and ad campaigns
- Encourage collaboration and community in an industry where it’s normalized to see your peers as competition
- It’s okay to love what you do and get super rich doing it
- Your talent and voice matters – no matter what your design expertise or experience is
- Humanity < business. Black Lives Matter. Inclusivity is important. So is gender equality.
Interested in being our guest?
We encourage you to apply to be considered as a guest if you share those values and align with our brand mission:
To give creators an opportunity to share their design stories to inspire others around the world to grow their brand. And show creators that their talent matters – no matter what their experience is.
Still interested in being our guest?
Our guests come from all different backgrounds, ethnicities, and experiences. We’re looking for guests to come on and share their story, the behind-the-scenes scoop on their favorite ad campaign, and/or talk about a specific topic. You don’t have to have a business or be the best designer in the world to be on our show.
You are welcome to mention offers, invite people to connect with you on social media, and sign up for your freebie during the show. We will also link to your info in our show notes.
It’s important to know that The Design Business Show interviews are very organic, conversational style. Sometimes I get pitches and the guests only want to come on and do their 3 talking points and then leave. If that’s the case for you, please don’t apply to be a guest on this show. No hate speech is allowed on our show. Degrading comments about things like race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.
Still here? Awesome. Here’s what you need to know:
The podcast records episodes in seasons, often months in advance. We can’t promise everyone will be accepted.
Our team will get back to you during our next batch recording season if chosen. Questions? DM Melissa on Instagram or send an email to design @ melissaburkheimer.com.