Jamie DuBose is the Founder and CEO of ZenplicityNow.com, a digital marketing agency that helps profitable entrepreneurs become more sustainable through marketing, membership and metrics. She helps clients create results-driven relationships with their audience to help them sell a variety of offers, from 1:1 packages to group programs and online memberships.
She knows every business is unique. That’s why her marketing strategies are carefully designed based on the individual business model & revenue goals of her clients instead of following a “one size fits all” approach to digital marketing & sales.
She is also a Navy wife and momma to three kids and 3 dogs all of whom keep her lots of company while she’s building her marketing agency from her home office. When she’s not geeking out over new tech tools and working with clients, you can find her exploring beaches in beautiful San Diego, sampling craft beer & wine, and hanging out with her family.
Here’s what we cover during episode 063:
- The story behind how Jamie and I met and actually connected after being FB friends for years
- How Jamie started her business after a nudge by her friend, Stephenie Zamora, after working for a company who didn’t value her input
- How her company, Zenplicity Now, started out as a virtual assistant company
- How her company helps her clients get tangible results
- What I wanted Jamie to talk about on this podcast, because I think designers need to know this
- Why Jamie thinks it’s important for all businesses to be focused on the goal
- Why knowing who your ideal client is can help you reverse engineer your list-building clients
- Jamie’s simple process for creating the funnel for building a list
- Why you need to have Google Analytics set up on your website
- Why I don’t think you need to know how to code to set up a landing page, and why I like LeadPages because it shares the metrics
- How to measure your conversion rate based on the number of visitors to your page, and divided by the people who actually opted in
- Why your customer journey is so important, and how you can repeat this process with your mini goals
- Why it’s okay to say goodbye to the people who unsubscribe with love
- Why Jamie believes it’s important to pay attention to your click through rate AND your open rates
- Why list-building comes down to authenticity and being real
- Why it’s super valuable to be a designer who understands marketing
- The basic anatomy of an online sales funnel
- What type of design projects can be included in the cart abandonment process to help your clients win back people who cancel
- A story behind one of Jamie’s clients who just had her look at an evergreen funnel
- The services that Jamie’s company offers – and why she loves creating strategic partnerships with her clients
- Who is on her team and what each person does
- Our thoughts on where people are missing the mark on what happens after someone purchases a program
- Tips for collaborating with other creatives on your marketing projects
- Jamie’s experience as a mom of 3, military wife and business owner
Like what you heard?