Cami Farey is a web design and strategy expert who teaches “real deal” entrepreneurs like you how to swap out their outdated or barely-there websites for a digital presence that reaps dazzling rewards (and results).
Over the years, she’s had the honor of changing the game for award-winning photographers, coaches, copywriters, healers, designers, and so many more.
Want to add your brilliance to that list?
Get started with Cami’s FREE Website Strategy 101 Video Training and learn how to plan a website that sells your services in just 10 minutes: https://www.simplesiteblueprint.com/strategy
Here’s what we covered on the episode:
- How I knew I needed to meet Cami after realizing we had mutual contacts and seeing her show up everywhere on my social media
- How Cami got started as a completely self taught designer
- When Cami realized she wasn’t happy in her current job at an art museum and knew she needed to take action
- How Cami left her job and traveled the world leading her to discover travel blogging and online business
- How Cami started a travel blog with zero design or tech skills
- How Cami started taking classes to improve her skills for her travel blog but fell in love with tech and design
- When Cami came home she landed her first client and started pitching to people in her community who were artists and actors
- How taking B-School early on opened the world of online entrepreneurs to Cami and how her services and clients evolved from there
- Who Cami works with and how she went from charging $500 to $5000 at the minimum
- How Cami launched her course Simple Site Blueprint to help people build and design their own sites
- How Cami used her partner’s website who is an actor to test her website design skills
- How Cami shopped the website she designed for her partner around and how knew she could help artists by helping them see themselves as entrepreneurs
- How Cami did informational interviews to figure out what people were struggling with when it came to their online presence
- How getting vocal on social media lead people to her naturally
- Why you should always talk about the work you are doing because you never know who is listening or who they know
- Why designers need to pay attention to their own websites because it is their best portfolio and will help future clients make the decision to work with you
- How Cami changed her mindset and website to match her quality of work and who she really is
- The disconnect between how her website was presented and how she was showing up visually for clients
- How Cami realized she had branding and marketing problems of her own and how that was leading potential clients to give her no or maybe answers
- How Cami took action to change her branding efforts which resulted in more yes answers from clients
- How anyone that doesn’t want to be the face of their brand should put their fears and ego aside
- How putting yourself at the center of your brand helps clients make decisions and makes it more personal
- Other options to consider if you can’t bring yourself to be the center of your brand
- How Cami changed her mindset from thinking of herself as a freelancer and started thinking of herself as a business owner
- How Cami realized she needed to learn how to sell, how to market and how to get comfortable with money
- How changing her mindset from thinking of her services as an expense to clients to thinking of her services as an investment for clients helped her attract better clients
- How getting stuck overthinking your niche on paper is very easy to do and what you should do to find your niche
- How through doing more work you will be able to narrow down your niche
- How Cami’s frustrations in past projects lead her to create her signature offer which is her 5 day web design sprint
- How Cami created Simple Site Blueprint and how she wanted to help people who weren’t ready for a one on one with her but still needed an awesome website
- How Cami grew her course awareness by leveraging other people’s audiences by doing joint webinars and collaborations
- How doing one on one work is different than doing course work for mindset and visibility
- How challenging is has been for Cami to take herself out of the delivery of it and not being there every step of the way for students in her course
- How figuring out a way to do the work once and then let that work for you over time is important in course work
- How to put one foot in front of the other and understand it doesn’t have to be perfect right way
- How everyone should show up, put their work out into the world and see what happens
- How you can connect with Cami on her website and through Simple Site Blueprint
Connect with Cami on Instagram
Like what you heard?
Click here to subscribe + leave a review on iTunes.
Click here to join the free community!