On Today’s show, I talk to my friend Rachel Pesso. Rachel is a storyteller, art director and big-hearted humanitarian. She designs beautiful websites to showcase your big vision. With 10+ years experience, she blends high-level strategy, collaboration, and deep love to design who you are online.
On today’s episode, here’s what we cover:
- Learn about one of my favorite Instagram posts taken in Bora Bora while she was on her honeymoon
- Why designers should not put off getting photos taken + learn the importance of looking good
- Learn why she was over working in the corporate world, she wanted to her ideas to be seen & heard
- How she goes back to her roots of designing layouts for magazines in her design business
- Learn about her experience during her first collaboration
- Her experience working with a mentor, who is now Marie Forleo’s creative director, and also someone she went to design school with.
- How her mentor taught her to just be herself + how one referral was the stepping stone project to more like it
- Why she believes that no designer is better than another, we’re all just at different levels
- Designers should go all in and over deliver when working on different client projects
- Why most designers feel alone, but really we’re all just people, and why competition/comparison is silly and what magical things can happen when you collaborate
- Learn about the different phases of in your design business and how you can hop onto the next wave
- Whey designers should create the work they want to versus doing something just to do it.
- How she spends time building relationships and that always leads to more referrals
- Why she puts in time to go to more events and get exposure to new clients
- How her Soul Collective process of diving into her clients’ story with intention while building their brand
- Why she always does this work before she designs
- Learn more about her Soul Collective Brand Workshop in Miami and how she’s making branding something people can digest
- Her tips for collaborating with other creatives and why listening to others and deciding your own boundaries & boundaries for each project + why you should speak up if something isn’t working
Elizabeth DiAlto’s site that Rachel designed
Like what you heard?
Click here to get on the waitlist for The Design Business Accelerator
Click here to subscribe + leave a review on iTunes.
Click here to join the free community!