Illiah Manger, the Creative Director + Owner of C&V, collaborates with women in business to craft brands that tell their unique story. Illiah creates branding poised for long term growth, allowing her clients to build connections and credibility. She infuses their personality and voice in their visual brand to open doors to possibilities they never would have imagined for their business.
Also the co-founder of Elevate & Cultivate, an online community for graphic designers, Illiah fosters connections among designers so they strengthen design skills, share feedback, and make friendships stronger than Gotham Ultra.
She lives in Catonsville, MD with her two daughters (C and V) and feisty Boston Terrier, Hope.
Here’s what we cover:
- The story behind her experience at her first design job
- How she started her design business when her daughter was 2
- The project she worked on that gave her the joy she felt when she was in design school
- The behind-the-scenes scoop about how she created a brand for a friend who was starting a business
- What her branding process looks like and why her clients tell her it’s like therapy
- The kinds of boundaries she’s implemented in her design business – like not answering emails off hours
- How she structures her retainer packages
- Who she has on her team
- A process that designers can use to make their first hire
- Her tips for designers who want to specialize in creating slides
- The story behind creating Elevate and Cultivate, a community for graphic designers
Like what you heard?