Ashley Gartland works with service-based business owners and online entrepreneurs who feel like a hot mess behind the scenes – and who know it’s holding them back from experiencing more growth in their business and true freedom in their life. Ashley helps them simplify and streamline their business through intentional business design, smart systems and focused growth strategies that take their business to the next level without the overwhelm.
Ashley has been building streamlined businesses since the age of 22, when she got her start as a freelance writer. After working in editing, event planning, public relations and digital publishing, Ashley launched her coaching practice to help overwhelmed entrepreneurs grow their business by doing less better.
Ashley’s work has been featured in O, The Oprah Magazine, The Huffington Post and Being Boss and she’s appeared on The Startup Sessions, Courage & Clarity and Creative Empire podcasts. She lives for rainy days, is a dedicated runner and prefers kombucha over coffee to fuel her day. To connect with Ashley and learn more about simplifying your business, you can visit her web site at www.ashleygartland.com.
Here’s what we cover in episode 60:
- How Ashley started her business right after college as a freelance writer, and quickly grew out of it
- How leveraging her connections, being persistent, and doing her job really well helped her be successful
- How that experience helps her with her clients today
- The first step in simplifying your business and life
- How to set priorities and be clear about what it looks like when you give to all those things
- What to do after you plan your priorities by planning out your calendar
- How to choose a calendar system that works for you
- How to re-frame your mindset if you don’t want to use a calendar system – and how to make it more flexible
- Some results her clients have achieved when people can make shifts in life and business
- Who Ashley has on her team and what they do
- Why Ashley doesn’t believe she needs a huge team
- What it looked like when her VA (now OBM) first started work with her
- Tips for making your first hire to make sure that you hire for the right things first
- How creating systems in your business can help you hand things off to your team
- How to make sure your business will work with your life
- How to assess your current services to see what really works for you and a specific example from Ashley’s two long-term coaching services
- How marketing is such a beast in our business – and why Ashley recommends just focusing on a few things and doing them really well
- The behind-the-scenes scoop on how Ashley did during Small Change September, a recent marketing activity she did where she went live on Facebook 20 days in a row
- The results she got from going live on FB every day
- How to simplify your client projects
Like what you heard?