Tracy Matthews is a Jewelry Designer, Entrepreneur, Mentor to Creative Visionaries and the Host of the Top-Rated, Thrive By Design Podcast. Her jewelry and story have been featured in InStyle, Elle, Us Weekly, Real Simple, Martha Stewart Weddings, Entrepreneur, and on The Today Show. She’s been interviewed on countless podcasts and programs including, Yahoo Finance, American Fashion Podcast, EOFire, SoMoney and Creative Live. As the Chief Visionary Officer of Flourish & Thrive Academy, she helps other jewelry brand launch, grow and scale profitable jewelry businesses. Over the years, she’s inspired creative thinkers to use their innate gifts to grow their business.
At Creatives Rule the World, she helps creative visionaries of entrepreneurial companies to spend more time in their creative zone of genius, inspire and lead their teams and increase their profits. She lives in NYC, loves to travel and is the proud auntie to 20 nieces and nephews.
Here’s what we covered on the episode:
- The story of how I met Tracy back in 2013 when I was in Erika Lyremark’s Daily Whip program, and then met her IRL at Copy Chief Live in 2018
- The advice that Erika gave Tracy on a free 15-minute Business Whip Down call
- Why making connections in business and going to events is a great way to explore your creativity
- How Tracy started her custom jewelry design business
- How she started Flourish and Thrive Academy, a business that mentors up-and-coming jewelry designers
- The story of how she’s launched multiple programs, and how she’s streamlining that business now
- How Tracy came up with her new brand name, Creatives Rule the World
- The purpose of her new brand, Creatives Rule the World
- How all of us are actually creative, and it’s important to lean into and protect the way we experience creativity
- How Tracy was fascinated by Google’s creative days
- How you can implement your own creative days in your business, and use it as an opportunity to find inspiration in another place
- Why creativity requires structure, and why structure is important
- How you can create structure with time-blocking, rituals, and routines
- How distractions can distract your flow, and how Tracy was able to use this to help her team be more productive when she had a space in San Francisco
- How Tracy uses the Brain.fm app to help her get into a flow state
- The details about The Visionary Code, the free download Tracy created to help you stay in flow with your creativity
Like what you heard?