Rachael Kay Albers is a marketer who hates marketing. As the founder and creative director of RKA ink, a branding, web design, and digital marketing studio based outside Chicago, Rachael has helped hundreds of thought leaders and visionary entrepreneurs all over the world stand out online without selling their soul or playing the manipulation game. Rachael’s clients have used their online platforms to launch bestselling books, five star podcasts, and six figure funnels.
When not crafting epic, unforgettable brands for her clients, Rachael hosts Awkward Marketing, a weekly show blending fun-sized small business advice with storytelling and comedy, for entrepreneurs who want to create a meaningful presence online. Rachael has been featured in Inc. Magazine and The Huffington Post and been a guest on podcasts like Make Money Your Honey, Marketing In Yoga Pants, and The Entrepreneur Mastermind Show.
Rachael lives in St. Charles, IL with her husband, daughter, two troublemaking dogs, and a bunch of old computer cords they’re afraid to throw away.
Here’s what we cover during episode 022:
- Rachael’s Weekly show called Awkward Marketing (and why I love it so much!)
- Why she created the show when she saw a need to educate her audience about all the things they need to know while also having fun
- How she came up with her business name and why she started her business
- How she was a Jackie of all trades when she first got started and was a glorified VA
- Why she thinks designers should do in the early days to build their portfolio and get their name out there
- Her thoughts on whether or not designers should join Upwork when they’re first starting out
- Why shifted towards doing design work and used her skills to create a light agency doing copy, branding and design
- Why she sends potential clients who aren’t a good fit over to SquareSpace versus selling them
- Her client in-take form process
- Her 7-point process when she works with clients
- Why she fills in the blanks and why she doesn’t design until the copy is complete
- Why she created a course for entrepreneurs
- Why marketing, design, and branding so soooo integral to the comprehensive process
- The details on her quick and dirty launch
- The difference between 1:1 work and group work and why she loves the group work
- What’s it’s like adding a new baby into her business and life
- Where you can catch her business comedy show
RKA’s Awkward Marketing Show: If My Mom Was an Awkward Marketer
RKA’s Awkward Marketing Show: How to Scale Your Business Without Creating a Zillion Offers
Like what you heard?
Click here to subscribe + leave a review on iTunes.
Click here to join the free community!